5/29/2012

Book Review ... sort of

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

I want to try to do a review for this book here. I have never done a thing like this before, especially since I don't want to give anything of the content, just in case you want to read it yourself. I told you about the book before in my weekly flashbacks and throughout the whole book I felt a little like "where is this going" ... very interesting feeling that I don't often have when reading. It was strong enough to keep me reading and weird enough to keep me thinking about it when I wasn't reading. The book tells a story about a boy and what he finds out about his life and family. The video below I found on youtube and I think it's the add to the book, I think it gives you an idea but will not give too much away about the story itself.

All in all I enjoyed reading this alot! And I loved how the book was "designed" as well, it contains a whole lot of pictures, even the electronic version did! That made this book a sweet piece of art as well. The only thing I didn't like is that it seems to be the first part of a series, which I don't find bad generally speaking, I just want to know such a thing when starting to read. It just alters the expectations I have in a book and its story.

Would I recommend this? I sure will! It's sooo different to what you normally find to read and soo interesting. Very well written. Very unexpected story line. So many new ideas. I have never read anything like this.

my kindle let's me bookmark things I liked, and these two sentences I liked alot:

"If all the suns but ours collapsed tonight, how many lifetimes would it take us to realize we were alone?"
---
"I used to dream about escaping my ordinary life, but my life was never ordinary. I had simply failed to notice how extraordinary it was."

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.